Mercer County’s Top Employers
Top 10 Employers (2nd quarter 2017) Federal and State Government Entities Aggregated
General Electric Co.
Steward Sharon Regional Health System
Wal-Mart Associates Inc.
First National Bank of Pennsylvania
George Junior Republic Inc.
John Maneely Co.
Grove City College
*Source: Pa Department of Labor & Industry Center for Workforce Information & Analysis
Mercer County Employer Units by Targeted Industry Sector
Mercer County has a large, skilled labor force that is ready to work. Four major colleges, two universities, and multiple trade schools support the continued development of this highly sought-after workforce.
The PA CareerLinks® serve as a point of contact for employers and provide customized service to to help you find candidates that possess the skills necessary for your company.
Employer services include:
Finding skilled employees:
- Free online listing of job openings – Promoting any current job openings on Job Gateway®
- Direct access to qualified candidates – Have applicants apply to open job positions online or have PA CareerLink® staff screen and refer potential candidates to you
- Automated job matching through Job Gateway® provides you with the highest qualified individuals for your particular worksite needs
- Screening of applicants to match employer specifications
- On-site recruitment/Job Fairs – Small and large-scale recruitment events
- Gain access to U.S. Veterans –Well-trained, highly-motivated and hard-working individuals
Training for your current workforce:
- For new employees – Guidance in the development of Subsidized Work and On-the Job Training at your site. Up to 50% reimbursement of a new employee’s wage for candidates that meet eligibility requirements
- For current employees – Connection with WEDnetPA, Customized Training, Industry Partnership and other grant funding
Accessing subsidized employment opportunities:
- Information on services for U.S. Veterans, spouses, and individuals with disabilities
- Information on available hiring incentives like the Work Opportunity Tax Credit and Federal Bonding Program
- Access to Market Research – Learn current economic and labor market information
- Regular Employer Advisory meetings to advise employers of relevant workplace issues
Fee for service items:
- Room rentals and assessments such as Compute-a-Match®, Proveit®, and WorkKeys® (Membership agreements allow for reduced costs)